My spicy stir fry squid with lemongrass recipe is flavorful and delicious with a blend of Korean and Vietnamese flavors mixed with homegrown organic herbs right from my garden. You can serve this with jasmine right as a side dish or entree.
- Prepping and cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 8 as a side dish or 4 as a meal with rice
- Note: I used a nonstick 12-inch pan and a gas grill
- 1 squid (1.7 lb)
- 1 tsp white cooking wine
- 2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 tsp Vietnamese shrimp sauce
- 3 Tbsp Korean Red Chili Paste with Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Thai Super Hot Roasted Chili Oil
1.. Prep the squid. Take the gut and eye out, skin it if you want, and cut it into 3-inch long and about half inch thick strips. Rinse with water and rub with 1 tsp of white cooking wine. Set aside.
2. Chop the lemongrass, peel the garlic cloves and shallots, and wash the Thai basil leaves. I chopped the lemongrass stalk into chunks and put these ingredients into a Kitchen Aid chopper. Chef Grace counted to ten seconds.
3. Mix the Vietnamese shrimp paste (mam ruoc), Korean Chili Sauce with Vinegar, and Thai Hot Chili Sauce together with brown sugar.
4. Get ready to cook!
5. Heat up pan with oil.
6. Toss in the blended herbs. Cook it for one minute on high heat.
7. Add in the squid. Stir it around for a few seconds and then add in the sauce.
8. Stir fry the squid on high to medium high heat for about two or three minutes. Transfer to plate and enjoy with rice.