This stir fry wonton noodle recipe contains Vietnamese cha lua (pork sausage), my little chef’s favorite type of sausage. This is our first recipe demo performed in her new KidKraft kitchen.
Cooking and prepping time: 30 minutes
1 lb Twain Marquis wonton noodles
1/2 c or 1 bunch scallion
1 c diced fried tofu
1 c diced Vietnamese “cha lua” (pork sausage)
2 c frozen mixed vegetables (corn, asparagus, carrots)
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
For the stir fry sauce:
2 Tbsp Pearl’s Superior Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Squid brand fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1.5 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp water
Silly little chef is practicing her wink.
1. Rinse the wonton noodles with cold running water. Cook the noodles in boiling water for 1 minute. Take out and strain in colander with cold water. Set aside and prep the other ingredients.
2. I bought the Vietnamese cha lua (pork sausage) and tofu at Tien Hung market in Orlando, Florida. It’s the only market that makes these two items fresh in their deli department in the area. Chop the scallion, diced the cha lua and fried tofu, and reserve 2 cups of mixed frozen vegetables.
3. Beat three eggs. Add in a pinch of salt and black pepper.
4. Mix the ingredients for the stir fry sauce together in a little bowl.
- 2 Tbsp Pearl’s Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Squid brand fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- black pepper to taste (1/8 tsp)
Get ready to cook.
5. Heat up 11-inch deep pan with 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
6. When pan is hot, stir in frozen vegetables. Cook on high for about a minute.
7. Add in the diced fried tofu.
8. Then immediately add in the diced Vietnamese cha lua. Stir for about 30 seconds.
9. Add in the stir fry sauce. Stir evenly. Cook for 30 seconds. Turn off stove. Remove pan from heat.
10. Quickly add in the wonton noodles. Mix well so the sauce coats the noodles evenly. Transfer noodles to plate.
11. Fry the beaten eggs like a pancake and cut it into strips or pieces. Top it on the noodle plate.
Enjoy! We hope you and your little one enjoy this version of Mama Snow’s stir fry wonton noodles!
Please follow and like us: