This recipe for baked char siu chicken is deliciously sweet, tender, and juicy. It’s my toddler’s favorite baked chicken recipe.
Prepping time: 3 hour
Baking time: 60-65 minutes
6 jumbo chicken drumsticks (2.7 lb)
For the marinade:
1/3 cup Lee Kum Kee Char siu sauce
2.5 Tbsp Golden Mountain seasoning sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
black pepper to taste
1. Prep the chicken drumsticks by cutting two or three slits into the thick part of the meat then place it in a tub.
It’s time to marinate the chicken meat.
2. Add minced garlic into the tub.
3. Next, pour Golden Mountain seasoning sauce into the tub.
5. Shake in some black pepper until mommy said, “stop”.
6. Mix the ingredients and chicken drumsticks up well so that the marinade coats the chicken evenly. Marinate the chicken drumsticks for AT LEAST 3 hours.
7. Place foil in the baking tray. Lay the drumsticks in. Reserve half of the marinade for later use.
8. Bake chicken drumsticks in center rack for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
9. Then flip the drumsticks over, and drizzle the reserved marinade sauce on top of the drumsticks. Bake for 20 to 30 more minutes or until drumsticks are done.
10. Broil the drumsticks for about two or three minutes.
Enjoy! I hope your little one like these drumsticks as much as my little foodie chef did.
Please follow and like us: