Vietnamese pickled june plums (trái cóc) is one of my favorite treat. It was one of my cravings when I was pregnant with baby Ethan.
- about 4 dozens June plums
- 1 Tbsp salt with 1.5 Liter of water
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp homemade chili paste
1. Wash and skin the june plums.
2. Submerge and soak the june plums in salted water for an hour.
3. Then strain and air dry or pat dry with paper towel.
4. Place the june plums in an air tight container and mix with fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, and homemade chili paste. Keep refrigerated and pickle it for at least one day. Enjoy!