Prep and Cook within 30 minutes
9/23/23: My little man and pickyi miss approved my stir fry udon today! All ingredients purchased from Lotte Market in Orlando, Florida.
- 1 package frozen Sanduki Japanese udon – thawed
- 1 bag of Chinese Spinach (Oriental spinach)
- 1 chayote
- 2 large carrots
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 cup scallion chopped
- 1/2 pound peeled shrimp (optional)
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Việt Hương fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- Prep the vegetables. I made sure to slice the carrots, chayotes, and zucchini into thin strips. This makes it faster to cook thoroughly since my kids don’t like raw vegetables. The kids are also more motivated to eat or try the thinly sliced vegetables versus cutting them into thicker pieces.
2. Prep the stir fry sauce. Mix the ingredients together. Set aside.
3. Get ready to stir fry! I set my timer for 10 minutes and heat up my 14-inch Hexclad wok with 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add in carrots and chayotes and stir fry for 3 minutes on high heat.
4. Add in the zuchinni and cook for another two minutes. If adding small shrimp, I would add it in after a minute of cooking the zucchini.
5. Add in the Oriental Spinach, stir fry sauce mixture.
6. Add in the thawed udon noodles and scallions. Turn to medium high heat. Cook and stir quickly until sauce distributed evenly for one minute.
7. Serve and enjoy!