This is my second toddler-approved marinade recipe for pork chops. My whole family loves it too and husband requests to make this again. My little foodie loves the smell of lemongrass so our pork chops always have lemongrass in it.
Marinate 3 hours or longer
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Note: I used a Cuisenart Air Fryer and use the Convention Bake function.
4 one-inch thick pork chops
For the marinade –
2 Tbsp Euro Maggi seasoning sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin (sweet rice wine)
2 Tbsp homemade Vietnamese nuoc mam*
1/2 tsp light brown sugar
1/3 cup minced lemongrass
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp rice flour
* Note: I always have a jar of homemade nuoc mam (Vietnamese sweet and sour fish sauce) handy for dipping, stir frying, salads, and marinades. This is how I make Vietnamese nuoc mam.
1. Marinate pork chops for three hours or longer. I poke the pork chops with a little toothpick.
2. Bake pork chops in the Cuisenart Air Fryer. I spread the lemongrass in the marinade evenly on top of the pork chops.
3. Set to Convention Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Flip the pork chops over, brush generously with honey. Then set function to Air Fry for about 8 minutes.
5. Transfer to plate and enjoy! I served it with a side of steamed jasmine rice with soy sauce and sweet buttered corn seasoned with ginger and cinnamon powder. The Vietnamese style pork chops with lemongrass are usually served with nuoc mam, but since I marinate it with nuoc mam, it’s already flavorful enough.
These frozen minced lemongrass are my harvested homegrown lemongrass in my herbal garden. I freeze and store it in these little 4 oz OXO plastic baby food containers. I just heat it up for 30 seconds to thaw it.
Please follow and like us: