Marinade version dated 12/19/2022: Mother-in-law packed a suitcase full of frozen goodies and that included two big fat home-raised Coturnix quails.
My mom likes this marinade version for the quails too. Let’s gather the ingredients!
- 5 super duper big Coturnix quails
- 2 Tbsp Mirin (rice wine)
- 1/4th tsp Five Spice
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee “No-MSG chicken powder”
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Lemongrass powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kikkoman regular soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Golden Mountain seasoning sauce
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- Marinate quails for at least 6 hours hours or overnight if for a more flavorful taste.
- Convention bake for 20 minutes in my Oster French double door air fryer at 350F.
- Then air fry for 20 minutes.
- These are the biggest and meatiest Coturnix quails I have ever aten.
It’s so good! I hope your family enjoys this air fried quails recipe too.