Ornamental flowers and plants from my garden. Mango salsa from Costco. My neighbor went fishing and came by to give me some mahi mahi that he caught and filet. I had enough to make two servings, one for my neighbor and one for my little man. They both love it, even with a little bit of spice in the seasoning. Now my neighbor is going to try to catch more mahi mahi. Anyway, I hope you like this recipe.
- Serving: 2
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes or less
- Notes: I used a Hexclad 12-inch pan. I used Costco’s mango salsa for this recipe, but prefer my homemade mango salsa better. Recipe at https://mamasnowcooks.com/2019/07/28/mango-salsa-with-salmon/.
- 12 oz fresh mahi mahi filet
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Euro Maggi Seasoning sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Thai Chili sauce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Badia’s Louisiana Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter for cooking
- Costco’s mango salsa*
(insert picture of seasoning ingredients here)
1. Seasoned the mahi mahi filet with the ingredients listed.
2. I heat up my Hexclad 12-inch pan and melted the butter over medium heat.
3. Then I added the seasoned mahi mahi filet into the pan. The filet cuts were uneven, from 1/2-inch thick to almost 2-inch thick. My neighbor suggested to cook the filet for about 5 minutes on each side. Do not overcook the mahi mahi though, a medium rare texture is recommended. I cook the thin pieces for 3 minutes on each side and the thick 2-inch pieces for about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Immediately serve with mango salsa. Today, I used Costco’s mango salsa. I was curious how it would taste so I bought a jar the other day. It’s on the sour side. I prefer my homemade mango salsa recipe better. My recipe for mango salsa is at https://mamasnowcooks.com/2019/07/28/mango-salsa-with-salmon/. Enjoy!