- Serving: 4-8
- Prep and NO Cook: 30 minutes
Ambrosia salad is a fruit salad that contains the main ingredients of coconut flakes, marshmallows, whipped cream, and mixed fruits. Ambrosia salad is my childhood’s favorite as I recalled cafeteria lunchtime was the only time I get to eat American food. The school cafeteria used fruit cocktails but using fresh fruits makes this simple and quick fruit salad the best of the best.
- 2 Ambrosia apple
- 2 Navel oranges
- 4 Cara Cara oranges
- 1 cup of diced fresh sweet pineapple
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut flakes
- 1 cup rainbow or white mini marshmallows
- 1 tub of whipped cream
- 1 cup of seedless grapes
- 1 or 2 bananas
1. Wash, peel, and cut the fruits in small pieces. Then dump all the fruits into a large bowl.
2. Add the whipped cream and mini marshmallows. Stir gently until it’s all blended. Chill in the freezer for half an hour or in the fridge for an hour. Serve and enjoy!
February 2017: Oh the sweet memories captured! Chef Grace even picked out her dress for her visual demonstration.
February 2022: I officially taught my two little chefs how to make this ambrosia salad. Chef Ethan didn’t like the coconut flakes but my daughter now seven-years-old, still likes everything about this fruit salad.
Below are direct links to recommended Amazon products and ingredients that I used in this pictorial recipe. Remember, when you choose to purchase recommended items from my direct Amazon product links, you are helping me earn a small commission from each item purchased.