This is an easy and simple caramelized pork ribs dish that my family likes to eat with jasmine rice.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 60-80 minutes
- Serving: 4-8
- 1 can of 12 fl. oz Coca-Cola or Coke
- 1.5 – 2.0 lb pork ribs (1.74lb)
- 1 cup ginger – julienne
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Viet Huong fish sauce
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- black pepper (1/8th tsp)
1. Peel and julienne ginger and chop pork ribs into short lengths about 2 inches long.
2. In deep nonstick pan, heat oil, minced garlic, and ginger on high for a minute.
3. Add in the pork ribs and 1 teaspoon salt. Brown it for about 3 minutes. Stir well.
4. Pour in the can of Coca-Cola or Coke. Turn heat down to medium low (#4 on my GE Spectra stove). Sprinkle in black pepper. Set timer to 25 minutes.
15 minutes later….
27 minutes later….
You can turn off stove at 25 minutes if you want a little more sauce. I cooked my ribs for 27 minutes.
5. Transfer to plate and serve. I love mixing the rice into the pan to coat it with the sauce.
Please follow and like us: