This artichoke tea is a wonderful natural drink for your little ones. I remember when I was young, my mom would make plain artichoke drink with sugar and water.
- 2.5 Liter water
- 1 or 2 artichoke
- 3 Tbsp basil seeds
- 5 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 piece of ginger (about 2 inches long)
- 5 pandan leaves (optional)
Note: Sometimes we substitute basil seeds with chia seeds, agave nectar with light brown sugar, pure cane sugar, or honey.
Different variations we made:
1. Peel and cut the ginger.
2. Soak the basil seeds in a bowl of water.
3. Cut the artichoke in half and put it in a pot of 2.5 liter of water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the center of artichoke is soft.
4. Discard the artichoke. I used a mesh spoon to scoop any particles remained in the artichoke drink.
5. Drop in the ginger pieces. Pour the drink into a pitcher.
6. Add the bowl of soaked basil seeds into the mixture. Add 5 Tbsp of agave nectar into the mixture. Mix and serve the artichoke cold or hot.