I like to play with my seasoning mixtures, sauces, and ingredients for new marinade recipes. Here is my family-approved one.
- 8 thighs or drumsticks (about 4.5 lb dark meat)
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
For the marinade:
- 1 package of NOH Chinese roast chicken seasoning mix
- 3 Tbsp Europe Maggi Seasoning Sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp Chinese BBQ char siu powder
- 3 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Rinse chicken and remove any excess fat on the thighs.
2. Mix marinade sauce and marinate the chicken for at least two hours.
3. I baked 4 chicken thighs at a time in the Cuisine Art Air Fryer using the Conventional Bake function. I lined the bottom tray with parchment paper or foil to catch the burn drippings. Then I baked the chicken on each side for 11 minutes at 350F. Let the thigh sit in the oven for five minutes until taking it out.
4. Replace the bottom lining before baking the next four pieces of thighs. The whole house will smell like chicken so I might take the Cuisinart Air Fryer out in the garage next time.
5. With the extra marinade sauce, I simmer it on a skillet with some butter over for a minute or two and toss in some cooled cooked sushi rice. Mix the sauce and rice up. Stir and cook for about two more minutes and then serve with the chicken.