- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serving: one quart (6-8 people)
The following recipe is is thanks to Luke Pham.
- 1 bottle of Hiệu Ông Già Quê Hương Mắm Nêm Phả Sẳn (7 fl. oz)
- 2 cups crushed pineapple
- 1 14-oz can Coco Rico soda
- juice of one large orange
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp lemongrass powder
- 1 tsp galanga powder
- 1 tsp homemade chili pepper paste
- 1/2 cup water + 2 Tbsp corn starch
Note: I learned upon my mistakes, that adding too much garlic will give you deadly gas after consuming this sauce. LOL! So don’t add more than 2 tablespoon of minced garlic for this serving size.
- Gather and measure out ingredients.
- Heat up a 2 quart pot. Add garlic, fermented fish sauce, Coco Rico soda, and the other ingredients into the pot. Stir over medium heat until the sauce lightly boils.
- Stir in the water and cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce up. Serve as a dipping sauce for baked fish spring rolls or bò nhúng giấm hot pot. Enjoy! My husband slurps this sauce like juice.
We serve this mắm nêm sauce with the following recipes: