Vietnamese pickled june plums (trai coc) is one of my favorite treat. It’s one of my cravings when I was pregnant with baby Ethan.
- about 4 dozens June plums (trai coc)
- 1 Tbsp salt with 1.5 liter of water
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp homemade Thai chili paste
Note: My homemade Thai chili paste is 1 part blended Thai chilies with 1/3 part vinegar. I always have a jar handy.
1. Wash and skin the june plums. Submerge the june plums in a bowl of water with salt.
2. Soak the june plums in salted water for an hour. Then strain and air dry or pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Place june plums in an air tight container and mix with fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, and Thai chili paste. Keep refrigerated and pickle it for at least one day. Enjoy!