The following pictorial recipe was created upon little Grace’s request. Grace likes American jello and not the Vietnamese jello which uses agar agar as a thickening agent. I only use the Welch’s gelatin because it has no artificial flavoring in it.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1 dozen 1/2 cups
- Notes: We used empty OUI French yogurt glass jars that we saved up to hold the gelatin.
- 1 box Welch’s grape gelatin
- 1 box of Welch’s strawberry gelatin
- 1 orange peeled
- 1 nectarine or peach
- 1 barlett pear
- 3.5 cups water
- 3 cups ice
1. Diced the fruits into small pieces. And put about 2 tablespoonful of diced fruits into each jar.
2. Boil 3.5 cups of water. Empty the Welch gelatin content into two large bowls. Then pour 1.5 cup of boiling water into each bowl. Carefully and gently stir the mixture until blended.
3. Pour in 1.5 cup of ice cubs into each bowl and stir until the ice melted.
4. Pour the mixture into the glass jars. Disperse evenly.
5. Let cool in room temperature and chill in the fridge for at least three to four hours. The lids for these jars are available on OUI website. But we’re fine without it for now. Cover the jar with saran or foil if necessary. Enjoy!