I can’t believe how easy it is to make fried battered swai filet. The lady at Lotte Market in Orlando was frying some swai filet for food sampling. My kids like eating these. My toddler hates eating fish, but this was the only exception so far.
(Pictorial recipe documented March 15, 2019.)
Total prep and cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: For 1 obese person, 2 petite adults, or 4 little kids?
- 2 swai filets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Morton’s Nature Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
1.. Cut swai filets into 3-inch pieces. Beat egg into a small bowl. Mix 1/2 cup all-purpose flour with 1 Tbsp of Morton’s Nature Seasoning and black pepper to taste.
2. Dip filet into egg.
3. Roll the coated filet with egg into the all-purpose flour mixture.
4. Heat up skillet with about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
5. Pan fry the battered swai filet on medium heat (#6 setting) for about 3 to four minutes on each side until golden crisp.
Note: I drizzle the beaten egg mixture on top at the end if there’s any leftover. Enjoy!