2. Shelled and deveined the shrimp. I prefer using shrimp with the head on because it gives a better taste and flavor to the broth. Anyway, chop the shrimp to form a paste. Oopsie, I forgot to take the pictures of ingredients I used to seasoned the shrimp paste. I think I seasoned the shrimp paste with minced garlic, scallion, a bit of salt and sugar and black pepper.
3. Heat the oil and pan sear the shrimp paste for like a minute.
4. Pour in the water, chicken broth, and the broth seasoning mixture.
5. Bring the broth to a boil and add in the opo squash. Wait for soup to boil again and turn high heat down to medium. (#5 on my Spectra stove)
6. Continue to cook on medium heat or light constant boil until the opo squash appear somewhat transparent.
7. Taste the broth and adjust seasoning to your preference. Add in the herbs the last minute before turning off stove. I would add a piece of fried spam into daughter’s bowl of soup to balance out the taste since she hates eating shrimp.
And now for the showing off part with my food photography and handmade crochet. =)