Stir fry water spinach with garlic is a quick and easy home-style stir fry to cook. Mom would make it a vegetarian dish, but I had to seasoned it differently in order for my little foodie to enjoy eating this vegetable dish, so mine is a pescatarian dish instead.
- Prepping and Cooking time: 30 minutes or less
- Note: I used a nonstick 12-inch stir fry pan.
- 1 or 2 bags of water spinach
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce*
Note: *Omit oyster sauce for vegetarian.
1. Mix the stir fry sauce.
2. Wash the water spinach. Snap it into 2-3 inch segments. Important, snap the leaves and stems apart if you are cooking for a toddler because the stems has a chewy texture while the leaves are much easier for them to chew and swallow.
3. Heat the pan with canola oil.
4. Add in half of the water spinach first. Cook on high heat. Add in the stir fry sauce. Then add the remaining water spinach. Mix everything up well so the water spinach would be cooked evenly. Remove from heat and serve. I cook this within 3 to 4 minutes. This simple stir fry dish can be used as a side dish or eaten simply with steamed jasmine rice.