This artichoke tea is a wonderful natural drink for your little ones. I remember when I was young, my mom would make plain artichoke drink with sugar and water.
- 2.5 Liter water
- 1 or 2 artichoke
- 2 Tbsp basil seeds
- 5 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 piece of ginger (about 2 inches long)
1. Peel and cut the ginger. 2. Soak the basil seeds in a bowl of water.
2. Cut the artichoke in half and put it in a pot of 2.5 liter of water. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the center of artichoke is soft.
3. Discard the artichoke. I used a mesh spoon to scoop any particles remained in the artichoke drink.
4. Drop in the ginger pieces. Pour the drink into a pitcher.
5. Add the bowl of soaked basil seeds into the mixture. Add 5 Tbsp of agave nectar into the mixture. Mix and serve the artichoke cold or hot.