My spicy stir fry squid with lemongrass recipe is flavorful and delicious with a blend of Korean and Vietnamese flavors mixed with homegrown organic herbs right from my garden. You can serve this with jasmine right as a side dish or entree.
Prepping and cooking time total: 30 minutes
Serving: 8 as a side dish or 4 as a meal with rice
Note: I used a nonstick 12 inch pan and a gas grill
1 squid (1.7 lb)
1 tsp white cooking wine
2 cups of fresh Thai basil leaves
1 stalk of lemongrass
3 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp Vietnamese shrimp sauce
3 Tbsp Korean Red Chilli Paste with Vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp of Thai Super Hot Roasted Chili Oil
1. Prep the squid. Take the gut and eye out, skin it if you want, and cut it into 3-inch long and about half inch strips. Rinse with water and rub with 1 tsp of white cooking wine. Set aside.
2. Chop the lemongrass, peel the garlic cloves and shallots, and wash the Thai basil leaves. Chop the lemongrass stalk up into chunks and put these ingredients into a blender to blend it. Chef Grace counted to 10 seconds.
3. Mix the Vietnamese shrimp paste (mam ruoc), Korean chilli sauce with vinegar, and Thai hot chili sauce together with brown sugar.
Get ready to cook!
5. Heat up pan with oil.
6. Toss in the blended herbs. Cook it for one minute on high.
7. Add in the squid. Stir it around for a few seconds and then add in the sauce.
8. Stir fry the squid on high to medium high for about two or three minutes. My husband got me this Camp Chef gas grill and I love it! It makes my stir fry dishes so much better. Transfer to plate and enjoy with rice!